Monday 18 July 2011

G-Screen Space Book Dual-Screen Laptop


Just so you know that you are not dreaming, you are seeing a laptop with dual screens. I’m appealing convinced that someone has perhaps invented this before, as who wouldn’t want a dual-screen laptop? After all, I usually have three windows going on my laptop at any given time.
The gScreen SpaceBook has two 17.3 inch screens. It also has a quad-core Intel Core i7-740M processor, 8GB of RAM, as well as a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M video card. 

Does that sound good to you? It certainly does to me. Right now, I am in the process of culture how to create apps. I could sure use a dual-screen laptop for my work. Here is the downside: it weighs in at ten pounds.
Yeah, I’m not certain if I want to be lugging around something that heavy, and I wonder if most laptop bags can even handle that weight. Just so you know, the screens can fold up together and you could have a single-screen computer if you want. 

The gScreen SpaceBook (not to be confused with Facebook) is available for pre-order for about $2,795. That is pretty expensive for a laptop, and it reminds me of the days when laptops used to be very heavy and cost quite a bit. Taking into consideration that those old-school laptops laid the underpinning for the laptops that we have now, perhaps the SpaceBook will set a similar standard. Perhaps we are looking at a future where every laptop has two screens. I say, why not four?